Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hard Shoulder

Every time Sakina saw a California license plated car in front of her, she would try to over-take the vehicle and crane her neck to get a look at the driver.
"It's border-line stalker activity," she admitted to her friend and fellow transplant from the west coast, Sasha.
But I just want to ask them to pull over and give them a hug. I have a feeling they'll need one after this endless winter. I also want to ask them what happened. How did they get mixed up in this? How did they end up in the midwest?  Did they take a right turn on highway 80 and forget to take an exit? So many unanswered questions."

1 comment:

Nabeela said...

Asked at least 7x7x7 times during our vacation by Zazzy McSparkle, "Amma, why can't WE live in California??"

Is this a genetic thing?