Ah, NOW you come and say salams to your old aunty.
Oh you didn't see me earlier? O.K. we'll let it pass this time.
You've gained weight,
Lost weight.
That color doesn't suit you.
Why no jewelry?
Oh your dupatta is covering it.
Ah, there it is. Nice. Sapphire is it?
You need to get married.
You're too fussy.
Soon it will be too late.
Of course I'll pray for you.
Oh FINALLY I get to see you as a bride.
Now don't you wait.
Have children right away.
You can see the world later.
Brings a couple closer.
Of course I'll pray for you.
Oh. He's a cutie.
All boys you say?
Try for a girl. Just one.
I'll pray for you.
Now don't wait too long to get them married.
The good ones go early.
Oh you never have time for your old aunty any more.
I'm not sure where my life went.
Pray for me.

Oh you didn't see me earlier? O.K. we'll let it pass this time.
You've gained weight,
Lost weight.
That color doesn't suit you.
Why no jewelry?
Oh your dupatta is covering it.
Ah, there it is. Nice. Sapphire is it?
You need to get married.
You're too fussy.
Soon it will be too late.
Of course I'll pray for you.
Oh FINALLY I get to see you as a bride.
Now don't you wait.
Have children right away.
You can see the world later.
Brings a couple closer.
Of course I'll pray for you.
Oh. He's a cutie.
All boys you say?
Try for a girl. Just one.
I'll pray for you.
Now don't wait too long to get them married.
The good ones go early.
Oh you never have time for your old aunty any more.
I'm not sure where my life went.
Pray for me.

7 comments:
Very loaded.... I know quite a few of those....
I love it. Aunty, are you on twitter?
Love aunties who are all about your well being- and getting in your business!
No, beta not on twitter. I think the internet would explode.
Love them while you have them!
Gulp. I have those same forehead wrinkle lines as the aunty in lavender. >:O
Is that the lady from "Parosi"?
Post a Comment