Monday, February 26, 2018

The Dream Act

Nasreen: I don't want to be a hater but all these Muslims and minorities trying to go into Politics. I do wonder if they even know much about civic engagement. Is it really about serving the community or is it about selfies and popularity.

Yasmeen: Come on Nas. When is politics ever about altruism. Give mozlems a break. They are mobilizing themselves- trying- for whatever reason. 

Nasreen: I suppose so.

Yasmeen: I mean look at Keith Ellison.  So brilliant.  He almost became the chairman of the DNC. Smart and selfless. 

Nasreen:  You're right. I mean I do on the other hand  I do love Ilhan Omar. She seems so sincere  and she's all about grass roots activism. 

Yasmeen: Exactly- she came from the humblest of backgrounds. A refugee, now a congresswoman. She embodies the American dream. 

Nasreen: Yes. I mean, in a way, I guess you could say Donald Trump is also a part of the American Dream?

Yasmeen: I agree. That's the dream you have when you forget to do istikhara.

2 comments:

Nabeela said...

The 99 qualities of American dreams........

JLW said...

Nope, sorry. Dreams are dreams. Nightmares are nightmares.