The Davidsons are travelling to the United States from Europe for a family re-union . Mr and Mrs Davidson are eagerly looking out of the airplane window at the glorious scenery while listening to the pilot's commentary. Twelve year old Lucy Davidson is reading the latest Rick Riordan release. The sun is shining over the Atlantic Ocean creating a thin golden horizon. There is a canopy of clouds hovering over the blue expanse. Mrs Davidson cries out:
"Lucy, look at the gorgeous view!"
Percy Jackson is just about to slay a particularly elusive dragon. Lucy turns the page and replies:
"I can see it later on Google Earth".
3 comments:
Sniff, sniff, Percy Jackson. Good old Percy Jackson. Now my kids are reading "The Hunger Games" and I have to hear about poisonous hummingbirds jabbing their beaks in teenagers' necks. Sniff.
Once Google Earth can recreate the olfactory experience of being somewhere, I will be convinced. Failing that, I will stick to my Luddite paper maps.
Of course, I would agree completely with Lucy Davidson...
Post a Comment