Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mariam Webster's Dictionary Entry # 287: Mussalmansplaining.


(Noun) This is the Islamic version of 'mansplaining' ie.when a Muslim male tells an individual or group of women how something is done even though aforementioned women may already be proficient in said activity or field of study.

Common usage:
 " Brother Khalid stood up at the masjid Ramadan iftar and described to Sister Jameela (a software engineer and inventor of the app, 'ichart') that more people would RSVP to events if she would learn to incorporate google docs. Sister Jameela listened patiently, then turned to her husband and said, "I think I've been mussalmansplained."

3 comments:

Nabeela said...

I like the mussalmansplanations that quash all discussion, stuff like, "You have no methodology..." or "She has no knowledge of the Tradition....".

For today....Woman of the World! said...

We need a muslim urban dictionary. But I'd be guilty of emansplaining.

Aunty G said...

I'm dying, Woman of the World.