Sakina: I just wanted to thank you for everything you do, taking care of the house even though Ammijan is no longer here.
Razia: Sakina Beebee, it is our pleasure. We are so happy you came to India after so many years but why you not stay in the family home? I have been waiting for you to tell me what you want to eat. I will make your favorite dishes for you. Nihari, biriani. Also everybody asking me so I told them it is because the bathroom not working. I am telling them them this so you are not looking like bad person.
Sakina: It's fine. Let me look evil. The doctor said Saad Babu needs peace and quiet after he got sick. That's why we are in a hotel, not for any other reason. Also I'm trying to stay away from greasy foods, been feeling queasy lately.
Razia: Yes, Beebee. I am understanding everything of course. I am telling the people that you also do not want to stay in this house because you miss Saad's mother too much.
Sakina: We will miss my mother in law forever more and the house seems awful without her but it's really about the peace and quiet aspect.
Razia: Don't worry everything will be fine. I will make some khitchri with real ghee in it.
Sakina: Well about the saturated fat issue. Chikna nahee khana hey.
Razia: Oh Sakina Beebee your Urdu is perfect.
Sakina: Urdu? I am fluent in it, I have also picked up a few words of Telugu but the problem is- I don't speak Indian.
Razia: How about some pooris? I will start frying them now.
Razia: Sakina Beebee, it is our pleasure. We are so happy you came to India after so many years but why you not stay in the family home? I have been waiting for you to tell me what you want to eat. I will make your favorite dishes for you. Nihari, biriani. Also everybody asking me so I told them it is because the bathroom not working. I am telling them them this so you are not looking like bad person.
Sakina: It's fine. Let me look evil. The doctor said Saad Babu needs peace and quiet after he got sick. That's why we are in a hotel, not for any other reason. Also I'm trying to stay away from greasy foods, been feeling queasy lately.
Razia: Yes, Beebee. I am understanding everything of course. I am telling the people that you also do not want to stay in this house because you miss Saad's mother too much.
Sakina: We will miss my mother in law forever more and the house seems awful without her but it's really about the peace and quiet aspect.
Razia: Don't worry everything will be fine. I will make some khitchri with real ghee in it.
Sakina: Well about the saturated fat issue. Chikna nahee khana hey.
Razia: Oh Sakina Beebee your Urdu is perfect.
Sakina: Urdu? I am fluent in it, I have also picked up a few words of Telugu but the problem is- I don't speak Indian.
Razia: How about some pooris? I will start frying them now.
3 comments:
Like two trains rushing past each other. Sigh.
Thanks for the reminder as I head to another land of butter ghee : /
Hope the only thing that needs clarifying is the butter.
Post a Comment