Monday, April 25, 2016

Gratitude



Sakina (Enters home; a stack of envelopes in her hand) : Gulp. A letter from the  Secretary of State's Office. Oh no. Oh no. Is it a ticket ? A suspension? A court date?An accident??Khuda na khastha???

Salman (running downstairs in PJs, rubbing eyes) Huh?

Sakina: OPEN this mail in front of me. Have you been speeding?

Salman: I don't think so. I did just renew my license though.

Sakina:  I already felt the envelope. There's nothing hard in it.

Salman (tearing the envelope open): It's a letter. From the Secretary of State's office.

Sakina: Yes? Yes? What is it? Why can't you just drive at a normal speed???

Salman:  They are thanking me. I checked the yes box for 'organ donor' at the license renewal.

Sakina (sinking into nearest armchair). A thank you note? Seriously? In an official envelope? Jessie  REALLY needs to consider sending a Hallmark card instead.



3 comments:

Jicks18 said...

I have such moments as well - they usually turn out to be pension letters.

Aunty G said...

Excellent!

Unknown said...

Awesome!